Wednesday, April 6, 2011

... Updating App (to version 1.2)

So I tested the app available at Google to make sure it is the same as my compiled version, and it somehow looks different, the UI looked damaged. So I immediately took the App down. I suspect this happened during a post-compilation process called "Zip Alignment" which helps for app performance, but apparently it damaged the UI layout. Google suggests this alignment be applied to all Apps before being published, but if that is the cause of the problem I will either skip o try to look for another tool.

Luckily this is nothing serious, and should be a quick fix.

Will update first thing in the morning to my actual compiled version, and will Zip Align with another tool (if necessary at all). The update will also consist of a small functionality addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment